PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE ORDERING FOR JUBILEE BANK HOLIDAY THIS PRODUCT WILL NEED TO EATEN ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY 3RD JUNE
Our serves 2 Beef Wellington provides a generous portion of handmade luxury at over 500g. Like all of our wellingtons these are chef made start to finish. We use only the best fillet, wrapped in our signature mushroom duxelle, flavoured with a 6 year old madeira and freshly picked thyme from our kitchen garden. Finished with double lattice puff pastry. Select your delivery date from the available Fridays at checkout. This product is made fresh to order, please keep refrigerated. This product is suitable for freezing for up to 3 months, ensure it is fully defrosted before cooking.
Beef Wellington Serves 2
- Remove the beef wellington from the fridge an hour before cooking, allowing it to reach room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas Mark 9, and place a flat baking tray on the middle shelf.
- Unwrap the beef wellington and trim the grease proof paper to just wider than the pastry.
- Place onto the pre-heated tray, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6 and rotate the baking tray. Continue cooking for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and discard the grease proof paper. Place on a cooling rack and rest for 10 minutes
- Slice and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt to finish.
At Mucca we believe the best way to serve our beef wellingtons is to medium, where the beef is perfectly pink in the middle. Our instructions aim to achieve this.
If you have a meat thermometer, beef cooked to medium will have a core temperature of 36-40°C straight out of the oven, and 45-50°C once rested.
As with all meat products, cooking instructions are given as a guide and there can be variation between the size and the shape of each handmade wellington. If you would prefer your meat well done, we would advise you to double the cooking time of the second stage of cooking at the lower temperature. If the pastry is browning too much, place a sheet of foil over the top.