Our Vegan serves 2 Beef Wellington is prepared to a vegan recipe and is suitable for vegans. We use a 100% plant-based meat alternative made from rehydrated soya and wheat protein. Like all of our wellingtons these are chef made, wrapped in mushroom duxelle, flavoured with a 6 year old madeira and freshly picked thyme from our kitchen garden. Finished with vegan recipe double lattice puff pastry. EASTER ORDERS. Will be delivered on 1st April and will be suitable for eating on or before Sunday 4th April. Made to order and sent on the defrost to allow for eating over Easter weekend. Not suitable for home freezing. OTHER DATES: Made to order and sent fresh to be used within 2 days of the selected delivery date or frozen for up to 1 month. Always ensure you defrosted throughly before cooking.
Vegan Wellington Serves 2
- Remove the wellington from the fridge an hour before cooking, allowing it to reach room temperature.
- Ensure product is fully defrosted before cooking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas Mark 9, and place a flat baking tray on the middle shelf.
- Unwrap the wellington and trim the grease proof paper to just wider than the pastry.
- Place onto the pre-heated tray, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6 and rotate the baking tray. Continue cooking for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and discard the grease proof paper. Place on a cooling rack and rest for 10 minutes