Our serves 2-3 Lamb Wellington is made using only the best British ingredients. Chef made and delivered to your door. Wrapped in our signature duxelle with a subtle twist. Finished with double lattice puff pastry. NOTE Frozen and will begin defrost whilst in transit. Defrost thoroughly before cooking. Not suitable for home freezing.
Lamb Wellington Serves 2-3
- Remove the lamb wellington from the fridge an hour before cooking, allowing it to reach room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas Mark 9, and place a flat baking tray on the middle shelf.
- Unwrap the lamb wellington and trim the grease proof paper to just wider than the pastry.
- Place onto the pre-heated tray, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and discard the grease proof paper. Place on a cooling rack and rest for 10 minutes
- Slice and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt to finish.
At Mucca we believe the best way to serve our lamb wellingtons is to medium, where the centre is perfectly pink. Our instructions aim to achieve this.
If you have a meat thermometer, lamb cooked to medium will have a core temperature of 36-40°C straight out of the oven, and 45-50°C once rested.
As with all meat products, cooking instructions are given as a guide and there can be variation between the size and the shape of each handmade wellington. If you would prefer your meat well done, after the initial cooking period set out above, reduce the temperature to 200C/180C FAN/ GAS MARK 6 and continue cooking for an additional 8-10 minutes . If the pastry is browning too much, place a sheet of foil over the top.